Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Finally feeling better!

I'm finally starting to feel better, woke up today and I can certainly breathe better and the coughing isn't that horrible muscle-wrenching cough that I've had for days. I even feel like I slept well for the first time in a week. Now of course I have to make sure I don't do everything that I want to do and then end up overdueing (sp?) things to the point where I end up being worse.

Christmas went well considering the little guy and I were both sick, we simply concentrated on things for him and not everyone else. We ended up cancelling Christmas dinner, and I'm so glad I did, because I couldn't see knocking myself out and feeling worse and The Red Ranger not having a pleasant mom and dad to enjoy Christmas with. He has also pronounced this
"the best Christmas Ever" and still thinks that today, so we did something right.
The economy sure figured into our Christmas this year, we cancelled the trip to Disney World at the beginning of December because we didn't see how we could do both, Christmas and Disney. Simply put, there is no way that a 5 almost 6 year old child would ever understand that we went to Disney 'instead' of having a big Christmas. Also, the simple fact that he is totally 'into' the Christmas thing this year. Probably because of school and the other kids being so excited and he's just older now and he's really paying attention to all the details.

Money-wise, I would say that we spent about a quarter of what we did last year. We knocked out some of the adult family presents only having The Red Ranger give them presents he bought himself.
There were no big ticket items like last year's digital camera or Nintendo Ds's, I would have to say the most expensive item my husband and I exchanged was the $50 gift card for the pottery place I like to paint at and since he got it at auction I don't think he paid full value for it.
The gifts in fact were more thoughtful and more needed than just because we wanted them or liked them. I did get a used Zutter Bind-it-all off of Ebay, since it was the blue one I got it a lot cheaper around $25 just need to get the coils now and down the road the tool kit. Can't wait to use it.
I'm so terribly glad that we did all of the stuff leading up to Christmas because we got so sick during it. The Santa Pottery (where you paint pottery with Santa), Frosty the Snowman play, Riding the Santa Express train, even the movies to see Madgascar 2 all led up to a magical Christmas for The Red Ranger and will give him memories to last him for a long time.
And plenty of things for his mommy to scrap into her scrapbooks!

I'll blog and add pictures and details to all the Christmas activities soon but this is all I can manage right now. Right now I'm off to find the dining room table, which had been buried under wrapping stuff since Christmas and assorted toys, and to throw some meatballs and my sauce into the crockpot for dinner tonight. For now that's all I'm going to say I'm going to tackle so that I don't overdue things.
I'm also saying a prayer for baby Stellan who I read about on my friend's Renee's blog.
You can read more about Stellan and his family here. http://www.mycharmingkids.net/

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the addictive world of blogs. Thanks for putting Stellan out there. I'll show you how to make the links sometime if you want and how to spellcheck LOL. I'm glad you guys are feeling better!!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete